March 13th, 2019 05:00

No LCD Display on Dell R620 Server

No LCD Display on Dell R620 Server

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

March 13th, 2019 07:00

and all else works 100% perfect?

did you push the bottoms to see it is in the mode you want (it is front face programmable)

pop lid, no power cords

and resets all cables to it (all ends)

if that fails make sure its not disabled in BIOS.?

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

March 14th, 2019 08:00

Kudos to Savvy2. Without any further information, I would agree with checking everything recommended above.

3 Posts

April 15th, 2021 12:00

did the suggestions in this thread resolve your issue?  I am experiencing no lights on the display of same device.  I can remote into it and all processes are still running.  please advise. thanks 

• 

8.8K Posts

April 15th, 2021 12:00

ShandaG,

What steps have you tried? Have you checked the control panels cable, on both ends, as well as their connection points for damage?

Lastly, when you are remoted to the server, is there any errors reported regarding the control panel?

Let me know.

3 Posts

April 16th, 2021 12:00

Hi ChrisH. thanks for responding.

I haven't done anything to the machine yet as I was gathering info.  This hardware was already installed when I started in this role. I have no documentation on the device itself other than the manual I found online and serial and tag info documented by the previous tech.

I did check by pressing the power button as at first I thought we had an outage over night and that it just needed to be powered on. 

When I remoted into the device and reviewed device manager for any alerts, there was only a notifier regarding an unknown device. 

• 

8.8K Posts

April 16th, 2021 12:00

With the server being online I would start by looking at the control panel on the server, as seen on page 57 here

Also how are you remoting to the server, via the iDrac?

If so, what are you seeing in the hardware log?

3 Posts

April 19th, 2021 10:00

Using the manual for the Dell Powervault TL4000- I restarted the device by pulling the power cord.  

Booted back up with the display working. thanks for assisting. 

25 Posts

April 20th, 2021 07:00

I see you have it solved, this is how I solved the issue.

Try:

- on left vertical menu goto iDRAC Settings

-on this page goto Troubleshooting option across the top

-on this page check the option to the right of Identify server

-click apply

The fans will take off for some seconds, when they settle, have a look at front panel. Good luck.

No Events found!