Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

May 3rd, 2018 11:00

R710 RAID controller question

Hi all, 

Quick question, I'm looking at getting an R710 but i want to use hard drives bigger than 2TB which i believe is restricted by the RAID controller, can anyone tell me which RAID controller i need to buy in order to do this? I'm ideally looking at using 6TB drives if that's possible? I'm not massively clued up on RAID controllers to be honest! 

Also, will the R710 be able to run Windows Server 2016 without any issues as this will be the main OS i choose to run on it? 

TIA

• 

6.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2018 14:00

1 Message

May 4th, 2018 09:00

Thanks for the reply Daniel, I see that Windows Server 2016 isn't supported by the R710 but does that really mean that its impossible to run Windows Server 2016 on one?

October 31st, 2018 05:00

I just got one and would like to run 2016 as well.. though it states its not supported.. I have seen a couple of post were people have done it .. sorry can't remember which as I have been gong ballistic looking at so many different posts my mind is like spaghetti.. :). (where there's a will there is a way) .. and I know this is an old post so if you have got it working, can you share any insights? ... 

No Events found!