Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

June 29th, 2020 21:00

Start PowerEdge R410 w/o front panel

Hi!

I bought a refablishing R410 board and single CPU. I also have RAM 8Gb ECC reg. I made an adapter from a standard PSU to a specialized DELL. I need to test it.
Tell me, is it possible to start the system without a front panel? (or which contacts to short-circuit on the connector on the board?)
Thanx to future answer.

• 

2.4K Posts

June 30th, 2020 02:00

Hey arcan64,
Officially, at least the following parts are required for the min2post operation of the R410 server.
Minimum Components

The Dell ™ PowerEdge R410 system will not turn on if any of the following components are not properly installed:

risers
CPU1 (minimum for troubleshooting)
Heatsink for CPU1 for prevention of overheating
1 DIMM for CPU1
Power supply
Control panel
Motherboard
Power distribution board

I'm not very sure, but it won't hurt you to try. You can try these two steps. In the image on https://dell.to/3g5zMHM page 17 of the article here, you will see the i button behind the server. Normally, when there is no control panel, this key can be used to power up the motherboard on newer servers. I'm not sure about this model but you can try though.

Also, unplug the power cables from the power supplies and reconnect them. Normally power will be distributed to the motherboard by default unless a setting is changed from the BIOS side.

Thanks,

No Events found!