Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2020 09:00

Unable to access the login page of iDRAC9

Hi,

I have a Dell PowerEdge R740 server. Usually, i access the web interface of the login page via iDRAC.

But recently the login page does not render anymore. Whenever I enter the IP address of the server on my web browser, the URL: iDRAC9 - Login to iDRAC keeps loading forever. I have restarted the server itself to no avail.

I will appreciate it if someone can assist me to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

June 1st, 2020 06:00

Can you reset iDRAC using identify button. Details are in below link

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-in/sln305793/how-to-reset-the-internal-dell-remote-access-controller-idrac-on-a-poweredge-server?lang=en

If this did not resolve can you AC Power Cycle (Remove Power -> Wait for 10 Seconds -> Insert Power) the server.

What FW you have on iDRAC?

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

May 31st, 2020 18:00

Can you SSH to iDRAC and see whether that is working. If yes can you run reset iDRAC by running racadm racreset command on SSH and see login page is working.  Which browser are you using to launch iDRAC. Can you clear the browser cache and see the behavior

3 Posts

June 1st, 2020 03:00

Hi Shine,

Thank you for the response.

Yes I am able to access the iDRAC via SSH but when I try to do a soft reset using the command, I get the error below.

Okwudili_0-1591006803525.png

More so, I am using Chrome and Edge browsers. I have also tried internet explorer and cleared all the browsers cache and I still get the same issue. I have two other Dell PowerEdge R740 servers and they are working fine.

Kindly assist further.

Thank you.

3 Posts

July 6th, 2020 23:00

Thanks Shine.

It is accessible now after i reset the iDRAC using the identify button.

Cheers!

Okwudili

No Events found!