Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2018 07:00

Unable to generate CSR from IDRAC on PowerEdge R720Xd

When generating a CSR from the webgui, it just generates an empty textfile. When running the command racadm -r -u -p sslcsrgen -g -f cert.txt , the contents of cert.txt is "ERROR: Unable to read CSR.".

I have set all fields accordingly, and running racadm -r -u -p getconfig -g cfgracsecurity lists the fields correctly (they only have lower case letters, spaces and a dash ("-") in them, the longest field is 26 characters. The keysize is 2,048 bits.

Server is a PowerEdge R720xd, IDRAC version is 7, firmware version is 2.61.60.60 (latest).

All help and ideas greatly appreciated.

/Patrik

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

December 27th, 2018 08:00

Hi Patrik,

Are you following the same process as described here?

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

If so, I would try restarting the iDRAC to see if that helps. If not, you might try bringing the iDRAC back to something like 2.50.50.50 to see if it is an issue that only seems to affect 2.60.60.60.

December 27th, 2018 23:00

Yeah I was on 2.50.50, and updating the firmware was done as part of the troubleshooting.

I followed the instructions on that web page, when the web page did not produce a CSR, I did it the RACADM way instead, configuring CSR key size to 2,048, setting common name, organization name, organization unit, locality, state, country and email.

Oh, and yes, the IDRAC has been reset, no change.

I'm thinking, since the output of RACDM is "Unable to read CSR", some file might be corrupt. Can deleting the file that hold all the settings for a CSR make a change? (Whichever file that might be...)

/Patrik

Edit: I was previously on 2.60.60.60 and had the issue there as well, which prompted the upgrade to latest version 2.61.60.60. When downgrading to 250.50.50.it worke, both via theweb GUI and via RACADM. Thanks!
No Events found!