Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 23rd, 2018 00:00

Unable to update R610 Firmwares

I have a few R610s I need to update. I tried using the Life Cycle Controller to do it but I kept getting the same error "No Update is available. Ensure Windows catalog, and Dell Update Packages for Windows are used."

I did the network settings test and pinging the ftp.dell.com fails but everything else pinged fine. I read several articles and most say to reset the iDRAC first then try again. I've reset it a seven times and no luck. One person said downloads.dell.com worked but not for me either. Looking up ftp.dell.com said it was a cname for ftp.ins.dell.com.

I read somewhere to download the latest SUU and put it on a thumb drive and then try to use the USB option from the LCC. I tried both Linux and Windows versions. I get the error that no repository was found.

I then installed the i686 compat libs on my CentOS 7.5 install and then tried to run the SUU for Linux. It launches and runs through the process then ends with a premature end of file error. I didn't find any good information on how to solve that one.

I then downloaded the LCC, BIOS and iDRAC firmware updates and got those installed. I then tried the LCC again and in a dozen attempts, I once got an error that it couldn't verify something and that was it.

All times result in the error 'No Update is available. Ensure Windows catalog, and Dell Update Packages for Windows are used."

I just don't know what else is left to try. I need to be able to do this on the remaining servers without having to go to into the OS if I can help it and get this done. I have far too many hours into this.

Help, please!?

• 

8.7K Posts

May 23rd, 2018 09:00

Hi,

What version is the lifecycle controller on? You may want to try running the repair package from the iDRAC. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=80XJ1

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 10:00

Josh,

I manually installed Dell Server BIOS R610 Version 6.5.0, Dell iDRAC Monolithic Release 2.90 and Dell Lifecycle Controller v1.7.5 from http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/poweredge-r610/drivers trying to get it to work. I figured with at least those installed, it would be able to get the rest of the updates. No luck!

How do I apply that repair package when I have CentOS 7.5 installed with no UI on that server?

Thanks,
Steffan

• 

8.7K Posts

May 23rd, 2018 10:00

The repair package is installed from the iDRAC webgui.

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 22:00

Josh,

I installed that firmware through the iDRAC and it seems to have applied it.

I rebooted the server, launched the LCC and tried. Same result - no updates

I then reset the iDRAC and launched the LCC again. Same result - no updates

What is the next suggestion?

Thanks,
Steffan

No Events found!