Start a Conversation

Unsolved

HJ

2 Posts

November 14th, 2018 06:00

app to monitor H310 perc ??

We have an old R320 box that was installed with none of the Dell management software. Zero.   Running Windows2008R2.  We now have a situation where we have a failed disk in what must have been setup as a mirrored pair.  I swapped the disk but the new one is in the "blinking amber/blinking green" mode (14 hours now).

What specific utility do I need to install to view the state of the H310 controller & disks ??  And I need to do this without a reboot .....

thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

November 14th, 2018 10:00

Hello

OpenManage Server Administrator has a storage module that can be used to monitor and manage our PERCs. You can find the download on the system support page. Installation instructions should be at the bottom of the download page.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

November 15th, 2018 08:00

The doc at

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

seems to show a reboot is not required.  So I downloaded OMSA and started the install.  The 'install guide' says "...if you are prompted for a reboot ..." after hitting 'finish'.

I can't reboot this box.  Is there not some way to determine if a reboot will be required before running the install ??

thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

November 15th, 2018 09:00

OMSA installation requires a restart. It is not a forced restart. You may have no or limited functionality if you do not restart.

No Events found!