Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 27th, 2008 11:00

is chassis separate from servers ?

Hello ,

I am going to buy chassis with 10 blade servers , but it is not clear for me , are servers separate from chassis ? 

should I buy chassis separate from servers ? 

so , I just selected blade server , customized it , and added to the cart , does it means that chassis is included in the price ? 

thanx 

9.3K Posts

October 27th, 2008 15:00

When shopping for a blade server, I'd highly recommend calling your salesrep and discussing it with him/her over the phone.

Make sure you ask for a quote and double check this quote to be sure it's what you need/want.

Notes on the M1000e: if you want to use 2 NICs on each blade you either need 2 switches or 2 passthrough modules as each nic port on the blade goes to a different switch-slot (on the rear). I believe by default it has a single switch or passthrough module, but you'd want to check with your salesrep to verify what you'd be getting.

Also, when buying a chassis it doesn't come loaded with blades. They are considered separate things. If you build a blade online you might get the chassis with it, but you probably won't get 16 identical blades automatically. It's a little fuzzy on Dell's website in this regard in my opinion.

7 Posts

October 27th, 2008 17:00

ok , now it is clear , tnx a lot .
No Events found!