Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2009 12:00

m1000e + m600 networking help

I must be missing something very simple. I have a new m1000e chassis with an m600 blade. CMC and NICs are configured DHCP and receive IPs from the DHCP server. The blade does not seem to see the network. I tried two OS-es on the blade, and both see two NICs, but can't access the corporate LAN. Networking on the OS-es works fine (localhost ping is OK).

There must be something very simple that I am missing here. Is there a configuration to enable passthrough or translation from the blade to the network?

--John

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

March 4th, 2009 07:00

What kind of module do you have in A1 and/or A2 on the back? This is where the blade's NICs are connected to.

The CMC has it's own ports, which I assume you have plugged into your regular network.

If you have the passthrough modules for A1 and/or A2, each blade has it's own port on the back on the passthrough module, so if you have the blade in slot 1, but you plugged a cable into passthrough port 2, the blade isn't connected to your network.

If you have the switch option, have you pulled up the switch management webpage to see if it sees the blade's NIC come up (connect), and also verified that one of the external ports on the switch sees the linkup to your regular network switch?

No Events found!