Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 25th, 2013 11:00

Changing IP address for Secondary site Recoverpoint Appliances

What is the process for changing the IP address for one side of a Recoverpoint setup? The priamry site is staying the same but the IP's for the secondary site will have to be changed. How do we handle that in Recoverpoint to ensure that replication continues when the IP change is done?

Thanks!

1K Posts

March 25th, 2013 12:00

Use deployment manager and you will not have any issues. It works and doesn't impact replication. DM will do everything for you and it will failover the CG from one RPA to the other while changing the IPs.

rp.png

27 Posts

I forgot about that option since I have never used it before! Thanks!

I would assume we should we change the mgmt IP via the SSH or better yet direct connection (KVM) before swapping the network cables to the new network. so that the Deployment Manager wizard can locate it after the network change in order to make the modifications. Is that a correct assumption?

1K Posts

No need, DM will change the IP for you. No need to ssh into the RPAs. Once DM is done change the cables and make any other network changes on the switch.

27 Posts

March 25th, 2013 13:00

Excellent! So just use the previous config file, make the necessary IP changes in the config, and once it is committed make the cable swap and done. Cool! Thanks!

1K Posts

March 26th, 2013 05:00

No problem. Used it many times and it works well. Good luck.

1 Message

August 19th, 2013 13:00

That is fine. but if LAN and WAN are going to be moving to a different subnet once it changes the 1st IP address it loses connectivity and won't finish the IP changes.

19 Posts

January 15th, 2014 08:00

Ernes,

Have you changed the IP address of the RPAs such that the DR site is in a different subnet?  No other steps besides using Deployment Manager to modify the IP?

1K Posts

January 15th, 2014 09:00

You can manually modify it by logging in to each RPA as boxmgmt/boxmgmt. However, deployment manager makes it a lot easier.

No Events found!