Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2014 06:00

Cluster Management IP address...vRPA 4.1...how to change it

I recently built 2 vRPA clusters with 2 vRPA's at each site.  (Virtual Recover Point 4.1 connection to VNX storage at each site..2 sites)

I've been told that I need to change the IP of one of the Clusters.

The Clusters have been connected but no Consistency groups are other configuration has taken place.

How/Where the heck do I change that IP?...and possibly the netmask as well.  Seems simple enough .

Cheers

17 Posts

December 19th, 2014 07:00

Ok..it's a bad day lol.   Realized all I had to do was simply Putty into the RPA directly.  Detached from the cluster and modify the Cluster.   Easy menu to navigate.

17 Posts

December 19th, 2014 08:00

Found it.

Under Other Operations.

Cheers

1.1K Posts

If you make the change via the RP DM System Modification Wizard you can guarantee that the change will be made uniformerly across all the RPAs in each cluster.

17 Posts

I forgot to mention.  When I run RecoverPoint Deployment Manager I don't see the "System Modification" wizard.

Just the RecoverPoint/SE Wizard and Connet Cluster wizard.

17 Posts

Where do I find that wizard?  This is for a vRPA deployment and not physical.

After I changed the mgmt IP and rebooted all the RPA's the old IP came back for some reason.  The new IP didn't take.

So that wizard is probably what I need.

1.1K Posts

This is probbaly because you did not detach and re-attached the RPA(s) to the cluster. The Systems Modification wizard is one of the wizards you can run using the RecoverPoint Deployment Manager (DM) Tool.

8 Posts

September 30th, 2019 02:00

j 'ai la meme probleme, t peut m'aider apres l'ajout d'adress ip et l'attacher de cluster il ma demande de redemarrer ensuite tous le config est perdu

675 Posts

October 27th, 2019 06:00

Hi there,

Make sure to leverage Deployment Manager as it's the only supported way to perform this operation, if the operation fails, raise a SR with support.

Hope that helps,

Idan

No Events found!