Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2015 12:00

Failed to get vCenter Server Credentials

Hello All,

I am trying to install RecoverPoint for VMs and am receiving an error at step 11.3 in the deployment manager.

The error is "Failed to set the given vCenter Server credentials. Verify connectivity and login credentials and try again".

I have verified connectivity between the vRPAs and the vCenter server which by the way is the vCenter server appliance and not windows based.

I am running the deployment manager from my local windows PC and there may be firewall restrictions between my local windows workstation and the vCenter server that could be causing this issue.  But I can access the vCenter server from my local windows workstation using the windows and web clients.  Is there another port that the deployment manager might need open in order to communicate with the vCenter server and set the credentials?

The deployment manager gets by step 11.1 in which it verifies vCenter server credentials.

Thanks!

153 Posts

January 7th, 2015 13:00

It's admin/admin and make sure you are using the right certificate file from VC server.

Sent from my iPhone

153 Posts

January 7th, 2015 12:00

Hi there,

When performing the VC registration, are you using the RP admin account when specifying the VC credentials? Make sure you're using admin and not boxmgmt.

Thanks, Zahid

14 Posts

have you tried using administrator@vsphere.local account?

9 Posts

Hello Zahid,

Thanks for the response.

I used boxmgmt because when I was prompter for username and password the fields were empty.  So I tried boxmgmt/boxmgmt and that doesn't seem to be working.  I just tried admin/admin and that didn't work either.  I couldn't find the default password for the RP admin account anywhere...

9 Posts

January 8th, 2015 12:00

I tried admin/admin and that worked once I got the firewall ports opened.

Thanks for the help!

3 Posts

December 23rd, 2015 07:00

So I had a similar issue, trying to deploy RP4V on a vCenter 6.0u1 environment..... and I think the problem is down to the vCenter Server credentials you use.

The installation & deployment guide does not state what permissions your credential requires.... the vCenter Admin user I was trying to use did not have SSO permissions, after adding it to the SSO admin group the deployment completed without encountering the "Failed to set the given vCenter Server credentials".

It's really weird as it was able to connect to the vCenter Server in order to pull down the datastores available for the repository, but it wasn't able to complete the registration of the vCenter Server!

I can only guess that because you're importing the SSL cert it requires SSO priviledges as within vCenter 6.0 the PSC handles all the SSL certificate management......

675 Posts

December 24th, 2015 01:00

The import of the SSL cert doesn't require SSO privileges. we would definitely elaborate on the creds requirements in the next revision of the installation and deployment guide.

Regards,

Idan Kentor

RecoverPoint Corporate Systems Engineering

Email: idan.kentor@emc.com

Twitter: @IdanKentor

3 Posts

December 26th, 2015 14:00

Thanks Idan, however the only thing I did to the user within vCenter was to add it as an SSO administrator and it worked after that.

I have to agree that one of the things missing from the install/deploy guide is the vCenter permissions.

No Events found!