Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2010 01:00

How to prevent data loss when whole Primary site RPA gone down at one go?

Hi ,

We have synchronous replication configured over the remote sites.

We have Recover Point 3.3 setup with 2 RPAs  on primary site and 2 with secondary site. Also we have windows 2k8 setup and we are using host based splitters..

I have one doubt in my mind. I have one scenario in my mind that is, If we have Synchronous replication configured over remote sites and when all the Primary site RPAs gone down(lets says all got powered off  at one go)  and we have production at this site. But the storage is available to Host and we will continuing writing data on this site.  Since Primary site is down and data won't be in sync with secondary. So is there any setting that could tell us that primary is down or something like that? Or splitters have some setting to tell us that site is down?

I would appreciate all kind of your help.

Thanks,

Shubh

117 Posts

August 25th, 2010 10:00

Shubh,

RP has built in alerting that can be configured to aleart locally via SMTP, SMNP, or Syslog. In addition if customer configured ERS, emc will be notified via call home and SYR.

44 Posts

August 26th, 2010 16:00

Thanks Rick for your reply.

But is there any way by which storage gets non writable to production host when both the production site RPA got powered off at one go.?

Also after configuring alert there are possibilities of data loss.

Thanks,

Shubh

44 Posts

August 27th, 2010 13:00

I'm still waiting for some good reply.

Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Shubh

No Events found!