Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2012 07:00

Initialization of DR site

I have a question with regards to initial seeding of the DR site for Recoverpoint.  The evironment is Recoverpoint/SE 3.4.2 using vnx splitters (VNX 5300 for both source/target sites).  Is it better to 1) setup the DR VNX/rpas at the source site and perform the initial seeding there or would it make more sense to do  2) setup the DR array/rpas as the DR location - the seeding would then happen over the 1GB WAN.  The reason I am asking as option 1) involves a full volume sweep anyway as well as running the tricky VNX ip address change procedures.  Please let me know if there is any gain to performing the initial seeding at the primary site.  Thank you.

Heidi Miller

29 Posts

January 13th, 2012 10:00

Hi Heidi,

doing the initial sync locally and tehn moving gives you shorter init time with no network pipe usage, which is important to some users. the drawback, as you mentioned, is the need to reset IPs on all the equipment after. so, it is mostly tradeoff between the two.

other than that, the resukt is the same. and after it is done, the sites are synced. if any of these factors has any weight, choose the way best for you. if not, and network usage is not an issue, i would do it remotely and avoid the need to reconfigure, based on  your comment about re-IP the VNX.

hope this helps,

Ehud Kaldor

RecoverPoint CSE team lead

No Events found!