Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 11th, 2015 06:00

Monitoring RecoverPoint SNMP traps from SCOM 2012

Last ditch attemp for knowledge around setting up SCOM to collect SNMP traps via RecoverPoint, has anyone managed to set this up successfully?

1) Configured RecoverPoint cluster Event Filters

- Filter 1 - All Topics - Error - All

- Filter 2- All Topics - Warning - All

- Filter 3 - All Topics - Info - All

2)  SNMP setup

- Agent enabled

- Send Event Traps

- Trap Destination (Prod) :

- Trap Destination (DR) :

- SNMPv1 RO Community: public

- Added all the 3 x filters listed above

3) Created a custom MP in SCOM using the RecoverPoint MIB I received from EMC Support (attached)

- Added devices in succesfully into SCOM, the devices (both physical RPAs and RPA cluster) are listed as 'Healthy' (we've played around with a mixture of the physical RPAs, or cluster during testing.

- The 'Network' device listed in SCOMis listed as SNMP Version 2, now I think this is confusing and could be related to the issue even though SCOM added the device as  a SNMP V2 device.

4) Sent test snmp traps from RPA using 'test_snmp' and sending them to the SCOM Server

- Using wireshark we can see the traps received on the SCOM Server, but that's it, no alerts raised within SCOM

Help....!

1 Attachment

1.1K Posts

February 11th, 2015 11:00

Can you switch to SNMP v3 on RP and SCOM?

1.1K Posts

February 12th, 2015 06:00

OK, thanks for confirming. Please open an SR to progress this further.

4 Posts

February 12th, 2015 06:00

Yes we tried that too, created user accounts on both sides, same problem.

4 Posts

February 12th, 2015 08:00

Hi, yes I did this yesterday and spoke to RecoverPoint SME and also the dev team and they couldn't provide any more assistance than providing the RPA admin guide, and the RPA MIB. Hence why I raised the query on the open forums, seems no one has managed to get this working in the world....

1.1K Posts

February 12th, 2015 08:00

OK, leave it with me and I will speak to an Engineering colleague about this.

4 Posts

February 17th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

Did you manage to speak with a colleague on this matter?

Thanks

James

4 Posts

March 5th, 2015 06:00

We also have this situation. Would be good to know if EMC are able to provide any information on this or is it a problem that Microsoft needs to investigate?

No Events found!