Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

5 Posts

September 28th, 2022 09:00

Move Recoverpoint Configuration to VxRail Nodes

Hi team,

I have a doubt about recoverpoint that I hope you can help me clarify.

I have two vRPAs deployed on two different ESXi connected to a vCenter 6.5, both in the production site and in the alternate site. VM replication is working satisfactorily.

We are currently about to do a 4 node VxRail deployment, which happens in this case, we want to pass all the configuration of the vRPAs running on the Vmware ESXi servers to the new VxRail nodes.

The idea I have is to deploy two vRPAs on the VxRail nodes, connect them, and then add the existing vRPAs running on the ESXi hosts to the new VxRail vRPA cluster.

It is the first time that I have to do this activity, however I would like to know if there is another scenario to carry out this task.

It is the first time that I have to do this activity, however I would like to know if there is another scenario to carry out this task.

• 

8.7K Posts

September 29th, 2022 06:00

Hi,

Thanks for your question. This should work fine. Solve may have some useful guides https://dell.to/3SIpEYR I didn’t see anything specific for what you are trying to do.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

675 Posts

November 15th, 2022 01:00

@JLSIL,

RPVM currently does not support migration of vRPAs across clusters. That said, what you can do in your case is to setup a new cluster on the new HW and migrate workloads to it. The preferred path would be to add ESXs to the current cluster and then dispose of the old ESXs after the vRPAs have been vMotioned to the new ESXs on the same cluster.

Hope that helps,

Idan

No Events found!