Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

May 26th, 2015 18:00

RP/SE RP/EX licensing

Hi,

I have two separate pairs of  RPA clusters.   RPA Cluster2 is running on RP/EX.   RPA Cluster1 is still running on old 3.5 code and RP/SE.

RPA Cluster1 (RP/SE 3.5 SP1)

Replication from Country C to Country A

RPA Cluster2 (RP/EX 4.0 SP2)

Replication from Country A to Country B

My question are:

1. I want to deploy a new array VNX2 5600 to Country A, the array can be a replica target from Country C or B.   The array can also be a source from Country A to Country B or Country C.   The new array is purchased with RP/EX license.    It shouldn't have any problem to have spliiter setup with RPA Cluster 2.    In order to have the array to support RPA Cluster1, RPA cluster1 license need to be up lift to RP/SE.  Am I correct?   I read the document, an array can support up to 8 separate clusters concurrently.  I think the RP/EX is frame based license so with the same SO number I should be able to generate the new key for RPA cluster 1.

2. To upgrade the RPA cluster1 from RP/SE to RP/EX, any downtime required.   Does it require full sweep?   I have also the intention to upgrade this cluster to the latest code.   Can I perform the license upgrade when performing the code upgrade?  What should be the proper steps?

116 Posts

May 26th, 2015 23:00

For question 2.  I just checked the procedure it seem like no full sweep, downtime required to change the license.

1.1K Posts

May 27th, 2015 00:00

Correct, changing the licensing will not cause a full sweep but upgrade to 4.* first. Licensing cannot be mixed within a system so all arrays must have the same licensing. A VNX array can support up to six RP clusters.

Regards,

Rich

No Events found!