5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 19th, 2018 21:00

RP4VM Deployment(5.2) - Standalone Hosts

Hello Everyone ,

I have a customer query with following details :

Customer has below site environment snap  :

Site A has vcenter with vxrail infra(3hosts) and wants to protect 10VMs from vxrail.

There are 2 standalone hosts at site B with few VMs, these two sites are connected by Lan . There is no vcenter at site B to manage Hosts as they are standalone.

So basically it would be local replication in LAN network ,protecting VMs from Vxrail site to standalone hosts not vice versa standalone hosts VMs are not protected back to vxrail site.

My queries :

• How would the Network interface we should plan? (Customer can provide upto 3 Interfaces). Can we deploy LAN+WAN and Data separate (with 2 interface only)? As its LAN connected not WAN.
  • Can we deploy this type of implementation with standalone hosts ,as sales have confirmed at site B we don’t need vcenter.

ed.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Thanks Idan ,

Even EMC Support said the same. But my concern is can't we deploy it and use Classic  RP4VM view to manage that as customer only need  protection  for VMs in Vxrail sit not vice-versa.

675 Posts

Hi there,

If there’s a need it use these standalone ESXs with RPVM then they got to have vCenter managing them.

Hope that helps,

Idan

675 Posts

August 19th, 2018 22:00

Hi,

RPVM cannot be deployed without vCenter. The only way this can work is if those standalone hosts are managed by the vCenter in site A.

Regards,

Idan

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 20th, 2018 00:00

That looks a solution .

Thanks

No Events found!