Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2011 18:00

RPA root access

Anyone know the root password to an RPA 3.4 box?

257 Posts

November 8th, 2011 00:00

Sorry George

The root password is not shared and is kept internel to EMC RecoverPoint engineering only.

49 Posts

November 16th, 2014 12:00

This is highly inconvenient to customers sometimes. We have to open case with EMC for small things which we can do ourselves and they take 3-4 days to do it. I had to add a static route to my RPA which I could have done myself but since I dont have access to the linux shell of the RPA, I had to open a case with EMC and they troubleshooted a basic OS routing issue for 5 days and later on the Engg team finally did what I was asking them to do, Add a route on RPA.

153 Posts

November 16th, 2014 13:00

Hello, Routes/gateways can be added using boxmgmt.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone

49 Posts

November 17th, 2014 02:00

Hi,

Gateways can be added using boxmgmt but not static routes. If you have all RPA interfaces LAN/WAN/ISCSI1/ISCSI2 on same subnet then just adding a gateway wont work and you need to add a static route and define the interface for that route using route add command.

Regards,

Anuj Goyal

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this mail is for the intended addressee only and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions expressed, implied or presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of First Gulf Bank. First Gulf Bank shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss or damage caused due to error, delay, omission or inaccuracy during transmission. If you have received this mail by mistake, please delete the message and all the copies from your system and notify the sender immediately. All emails and file attachments sent to and received through the First Gulf Bank domain is scanned for viruses by First Gulf Bank's email Virus scanning system. However it is recommended that attachments, if any, be scanned for viruses before launching. First Gulf Bank is not liable for any damages caused due to virus(es), trojans or any other form of malicious software transmitted over email.

1 Attachment

153 Posts

November 17th, 2014 05:00

Hi Anuj,

Our recommendation is to separate these subnets (especially iSCSI) when possible to avoid any routing confusion. That being said, we can’t give out root access, when such requests come in, they will be handled by support. I will see if we can allow/add an additional option in boxmgmt in future releases.

Thanks,

Zahid Fadli

EMC2

Mobile: +17347170033

Twitter: @zDataGuy

49 Posts

November 17th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

I fully understand and agree with you that we should be using a segmented network, But we had security constraints which did not allow any Datacenter traffic outside a particular VLAN.

Would be really helpful and timesaving if option could be added to boxmgmt.

Regards,

Anuj Goyal

Mob# +91 9711020266

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this mail is for the intended addressee only and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions expressed, implied or presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of First Gulf Bank. First Gulf Bank shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss or damage caused due to error, delay, omission or inaccuracy during transmission. If you have received this mail by mistake, please delete the message and all the copies from your system and notify the sender immediately. All emails and file attachments sent to and received through the First Gulf Bank domain is scanned for viruses by First Gulf Bank's email Virus scanning system. However it is recommended that attachments, if any, be scanned for viruses before launching. First Gulf Bank is not liable for any damages caused due to virus(es), trojans or any other form of malicious software transmitted over email.

1 Attachment

8 Posts

March 15th, 2018 15:00

What about when the appliance falls out of support?

I have RecoverPoint/SE gen4 devices that passed their serviceable life (EoSL) and I want to run internal commands on them as SU but EMC keep the password for equipment that I own but that they (Dell/EMC) will not support?

Does not seem right to me.

No Events found!