This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 8th, 2012 11:00

Recover point repository migration

Hello all,

We are trying to migrate luns from CX-4 to VNX using different technologies. There are some hosts with recover point on (CRR bidirectional Site A to Site B) and repository volume on CX-4. So we have to migrate them too ...... We are good with Journal volumes and CG luns ......

Now my question is, can we migrate repository volume with out interruption to replications(just curious)? We are planning to take RPA downfor this.

And also, will someone re-direct or provide some procedures to restore new repository volume without reconfiguring? I think we can do this using "boxmgmt". I had high level steps to do, but I am looking for detailed procedure and precautions. It will be very hekpful and thanks in advance ......

29 Posts

April 8th, 2012 12:00

You cannot migrate repository, disruptive or not, unless it is within the same array and the RPA is not aware of it.

As for importing repository data - if you format a new repository only on one side and bring the system up, it will complain there is missmatch between the sites as one repository was formatted and ask you to resolve which site to use. Choose the site unformatted and it will import all the data.

Ehud

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 13th, 2012 07:00

Actually I want some white paper or EMC solution for the Repository Vol restoring procedure. I am unable to find in powerlink (both partner and customer accounts). Anyway thanks for your reply. I prepared my own procedure and ready to implement.

117 Posts

April 18th, 2012 07:00

You can back up the repository with save_settings command.  You can also execute the command remotely and output it into a file either using plink on Windows or ssh on Unix.  For example:

plink [site management IP] -l admin -pw [password] save_settings > [local_file].

To restore, run:

plink [site management IP] -l admin -pw [password] -m [local_file].

I don't think there is a published procedure directly documenting repository backup and restore.  However, elements of repository backup and restore are documented under old disruptive upgrade procedures in Installation Guide for RP 3.1 and Deploying RecoverPoint with Brocade Technical Notes.

No Events found!