Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2012 10:00

Recover replicated data with Recover Point

We are using Recover Point to replicate our backup catalog to DR.  I want to test the solution.  We have a lab with a backup server that we do testing on and that's what I want to use for this.  So replication is setup from or production site to our DR site, the lab is at our production site as well.  I want to recover the DR replica to our lab and I'm not really sure how to do that.  I figured the lab would need to be added to the zone and I would just need to carve out some luns from our production array which is a Vmax stop the replication and then recover the replica to the new luns in the lab.  i wanted to know if anyone has done anything like that and maybe what you had to do and any problems you may of had.

117 Posts

April 4th, 2012 04:00

You can test your replica at DR by enabling image access and accessing the replica.

If your test server is at production site, you can also set up local replication.  You will need to allocate local replica LUNs and local replica journal(s).  Then you can add a local copy into your existing consistency group.

There is an operation called "recover production", but that would actually recover data from a replica to production.  This is not something you would want to do as a test.

Hope it helps.

1 Rookie

• 

116 Posts

June 29th, 2017 00:00

Hi,

If customer perform recover production will it perform a full sync or it will perform block check and only restore the delta changes

675 Posts

June 29th, 2017 01:00

It will only restore the changed blocks between the replica (the selected PiT) and the production (restored) volume.

No Events found!