Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 07:00

RecoverPoint 4.1 SP1 and Hyper-V 2012 R2

Greetings,

We have two different Hyper-V clusters in both sites (Main Site and DR site ), each cluster is connected to VNX 5600 storage array and ther are two RP clusters (Cluster at the Main Site and the other on at DR site).

@ Main Site we have provisioned source LUNs to the Hyper-V cluster these LUNs are configured as CSV disks.

the recover point is doing its job by replicating source LUNs to the target LUNs at DRS (Storage-based Replication through the RP)

I was looking for a solution to automate the failover process between two sites and i found the CE (cluster enabler) however i have been notified from multiple sources that CE hits the EOL/EOS and it does not support RP 4.1 anymore. moreover we can not afford the geographically dispersed cluster between both sites.hence we have deployed two disparate clusters at both sites respectively .

I have multiple questions about this design and i really appreciate your help on this matter:

- Is the manual failover the only way to configure the disaster recovery solution or there are software can handle this process?

- If the CSV disks are replicated then how to import them to the DR cluster ?

- How does the RP know that there is a disaster as there is no integration between the MS failover cluster services and RecoverPoint?

- In VMware Env. there is SRM to manage the failover procedure and customize the VMs after failover at the DR site, is there any software like SRM when using Hyper-V and RP?

- Replication Manager and ESI for Microsoft , How they can be a helpful tools in our scenario ?

Thanks in advance

No Responses!
No Events found!