Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

August 7th, 2012 07:00

RecoverPoint Consistency Group state "High Load"

RP SRM enabled CG is in high load transfer state with % increases. Intialization traffic(which I do not expect).Finally completes. Synchronization completed at target. Starts over in high load transfer state. Transfer state does not go Active.

Other CGs are fine. Two others are SRM enable. Remaining CGs are not.

Why is this one CG in continuous high load state?

56 Posts

August 8th, 2012 13:00

This seems to be like permenant High load condition of the copy. This can happen due to two reasons 1) when image access is enabled and the

queue of snapshots waiting for distribution on journal reaches max limit Cg goes to high load 2) If during init mode the jounral has reached its maximum capaciity while the Allow distribution of snapshots that are larger than capacity of journal volumes setting is disabled.

In such cases system pauses the transfer and trasnfer state is displayed as high load.

So kindly check the journal sizes and write ratio for the devces in thsi CG . Initially to come out of this situation better to perform balance_load operation and see if that works or not and later you can design the journals accordingly.

29 Posts

August 9th, 2012 16:00

Thank you Mrinal.

I did in fact run the balance_load util.

The balance_load util recommended balancing the write across two RPAs.

I've done so. Currently Active mode.

I will wait a week and run the balance_load util again and see what the recommendation is from the util.

Checked the write ratio. Write ratio OK. Hadn't thought about the Journal sizes. Will check Journal size.

Take care.

June 2nd, 2015 11:00

Hi don't know if i will get a response now. For a customer some CG's are showing as "High Load" (17 out of 42 CG's) after we have shipped the equipments to the DR site. We are suspecting the issue with the link latency however i wished to apply the balance_load recommendations and see if it helps. When i am trying to apply the recommendations i am getting the below error message: Can you please suggest have you seen this anywhere

Would you like to apply the load balancing recommendation? Every group whose preferred RPA is modified as a result, will be initialized.

Please type 'yes' or 'no':yes

Error: Settings context obsolete. Control is Busy - Try again later

June 2nd, 2015 11:00

Ok i found a KB article about the same Article Number:000200601 Version:2 i will have a look thanks

No Events found!