Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2011 03:00

RecoverPoint - SRDF / Mirrorview / And others

Hello,

Do you know if is necessary SRDF / MirrorView Or other storage replication feature enabled to allow the utilization of RecoverPoint ?

Best Regards,

jgsilvatel.

116 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 09:00

Hello  Jgsilvatel,

SRDF, MirrorView and RecoverPoint are all independent replication technologies.    RecoverPoint does not rely on SRDF or MirrorView.   RecoverPoint provides out-of-band replication for EMC and non-EMC storage for local replication via RecoverPoint Continuous Data Protection or for remote replication via RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication.   I've attached a copy of the RecoverPoint family data sheet.   Let me know if this answers your question.

Paula

1 Attachment

May 24th, 2015 13:00

Hello Paula,

Thanks for your feedback on this topic.

I have similar question, I wish you can help me with:

I have been researching the Recoverpoint EX use with VNX to replicate Source and Destination VNX(es) between two sites. However, the customer, is interested in using both technologies (RecoverPoint and MV/S) to replicate the data he has, for many reasons:

-Customer already has MV licenses on VNX

-Capacity license quota

-The dedicated private LUNs (20% or so) required for the RecoverPoint replication.

Can we use RecoverPoint along with MVS ? if so, what's the limitations ?

1.1K Posts

May 25th, 2015 02:00

You can use MV and RP on the same array but not concurrently on the same LUN(s). You also need to ensure that you use different SP ports for MV and RP.

No Events found!