Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2017 13:00

RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines two different domains

Hello All, I have recently deployed RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines in our environment. But now I have the challenge of installing RP4VMs in one of our branches, the challenge is not to deploy it, the challenge is that our branch and the target location have different Domains.

Target domain is "remote.org" and source location is "source.org"

So my question are:

1) Since during the deployment I use a service account with Admin credential in the respective Vcenter, How can I make both credentials to work in different Vcenters with different domains.

2) Should I really care about this?

3) I notice that the source admin credential should be able to be admin in the target Vcenter. How can I make this possible? Should I have the same user/password in both sides trying to fool AD.

Here is statement that I found in document:

https://support.emc.com/docu79470_RecoverPoint-for-Virtual-Machines-5.0-Security-Configuration-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Vcenter Server Credentials:

The user enters VMware vCenter Servers credentials as part of RecoverPoint for VMs

deployment. The credentials allow RecoverPoint for VMs to manage replication, to

orchestrate operations, and to display VMware vCenter Server data in a RecoverPoint for

VMs context.

Any help will be greatly appreciate it.

675 Posts

February 26th, 2017 05:00

Hi there,

Credentials are set on a per vCenter basis so they can be different b/w vCenters. as for #3, the registered user set to manage vCenter A wouldn't try to access vCenter B, the user registered for vCenter B would manage it.

Hope that helps,

Idan Kentor

RecoverPoint Corporate Systems Engineering

idan.kentor@emc.com

@IdanKentor

18 Posts

February 27th, 2017 09:00

Idan.,

Thanks for your reply.

So based onwhat you menitioned, it's safe to say that it doesn't matter that I have two independent AD domains, the Vcenter service account that I sue for source Vcenter doesn't need to have any rights in the target Vcenter which is a different AD domain and they do not communicate between each other.

let me know if I'm correct in this statemen.

Once again, thatnks for your help. 

675 Posts

February 28th, 2017 04:00

That's correct, vCenters don't communicate with each other, the RP4VMs clusters do.

Regards,

Idan

No Events found!