Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2010 12:00

Recoverpoint Engine and Splitter with Flare 29 CX4

Implementing a CX4 with Recoverpoint but I can't seem to find the engine nor the splitter.  Do we enable such engines (and/or splitter) or are these components part of Flare 29?  I can't seem to locate the splitter nor the engine within Powerlink.

Thanks,

Damian773 458 0367

2.2K Posts

Damian,

The splitter will be a feature built into the array that is enabled through a purchased license. Did you purchase the splitter license when you bought the array?

Thanks,

Aran

2.2K Posts

Also, search for a document on Powerlink called EMC RecoverPoint: Deploying RecoverPoint with CLARiiON Splitter. The document ID is 300-005-598.

257 Posts

February 2nd, 2010 13:00

As Aran says

Yep, Splitter built into the base code of Flare from Flare code 29 onwards.

You will need the enabler (license).

Thanks

James.

59 Posts

March 5th, 2010 07:00

Unfortunately I can't find the document on Powerlink. Is it possible to search by document ID?

Thanks,

Dieter

59 Posts

March 5th, 2010 08:00

Thanks Aran.

I will have a look at them.

br

Dieter

2.2K Posts

March 5th, 2010 08:00

Dieter,

I can't find that document now either. I have the pdf saved locally but that document is about two years old I realize. It may have been replaced by another document. I did find some whitepapers at the locations below that discuss RecoverPoint on the CLARiiON. Have you looked at any of these?

Support  >  Technical Documentation and Advisories  >  Hardware/Platforms Documentation  >  CLARiiON CX4 Series Systems  >  CLARiiON CX4-960  > White Papers

Support  >  Technical Documentation and Advisories  > Software ~ P-R ~ Documentation  >  RecoverPoint  > White Papers

Aran

No Events found!