Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2020 08:00

Rp4VM RBAC

Hi,

Current version of RP4VM does not support RBAC. 

Any ETA when this feature will be available for use?

Without RBAC, any alternative to manage access control in RP4VM and LDAP?

Any lead helpful

thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

June 11th, 2020 16:00

Hello luciferHK,

I am not seeing anyway other than the administrator role.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• 

6.9K Posts

June 11th, 2020 10:00

Hello luciferHK,

I am not seeing an ETA of when this is due to be available.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

24 Posts

June 11th, 2020 13:00

Without RBAC , no support for additional custom roles to limit or restrict full access. All users have access to the RP4VM plugin with full access unless role is Read Only. any alternative available with RP4VM to handle this ?

675 Posts

June 25th, 2020 02:00

Current RPVM releases 5.2.2.x have a capability which would prevent the plugin from connecting to RPVM clusters with System.Read privilege.

As for the user RPVM uses to communicate with vCenter, it needs to be of an admin role but it can be limited to the relevant ESX clusters and doesn't necessarily need to be able to admin all ESX clusters. 

24 Posts

September 10th, 2020 13:00

Hi Idan,

we have 5.2.2.2 and tested with  local user with read permission. able to connecting to RP4VM clusters and also perform admin tasks. anything i missed here? 

675 Posts

September 11th, 2020 15:00

Recheck this with 5.3 and the HTML5 plugin, we've introduced a similar capability there but enhanced it as the required privilege is 'manage custom attributes". So any user without this global capability (read-only users don't have this privilege by default) would get an error message when accessing the plugin.

No Events found!