Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 21st, 2017 18:00

Unable to remove an old cluster using uninstaller

I am trying to remove an old installation of RecoverPoint for VM using the Uninstaller script. It shows the cluster ID after scanning as "Could not retrieve cluster name" and whenever I try to uninstall, it fails with the errors below:

The following cluster/s will be removed:

|  Cluster ID      |         Cluster Name              |

|0x3870b11a08debd41| Could not retrieve the cluster name|

Are you sure?(y/n)

Uninstall process started...

RecoverPoint clusters uninstall process completed.

Warning: the following operation/s failed during the uninstall process:

Unregister RP cluster from splitter esx.server.com on vCenter 10.x.x.x ,RP cluster: 0x3870b11a08debd41

(same error on 3 additional ESX servers that are in the cluster)

I also pulled this from the log file. Any help would be appreciated:

2017-08-21 20:31:56,453 [Spring Shell] (ViServiceImpl.java:896) ERROR - Failure occurred during cluster hijack verification, Error:

com.emc.recoverpoint.cut.services.vi.ViServiceException: Cluster 3870b11a08debd41 was not hijacked

at com.emc.recoverpoint.cut.services.vi.mercury.tasks.VIHijackedRPClusterTask.innerExecute(VIHijackedRPClusterTask.java:30)

at com.emc.recoverpoint.cut.services.vi.mercury.tasks.VIHijackedRPClusterTask.innerExecute(VIHijackedRPClusterTask.java:10)

at com.emc.recoverpoint.cut.services.tasks.AbstractLimitedParallelismTask.execute(AbstractLimitedParallelismTask.java:25)

at com.emc.recoverpoint.cut.services.tasks.AbstractTask.retryExecute(AbstractTask.java:52)

at com.emc.recoverpoint.cut.services.tasks.AbstractTask.call(AbstractTask.java:28)

at com.emc.recoverpoint.cut.services.tasks.AbstractTask.call(AbstractTask.java:10)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1.1K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 01:00

What version of RP4VMs are you running and is this the latest version of the Uninstaller Tool from the support site?

Regards,

Rich

26 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 03:00

It's the latest version for both RP4VM and the uninstalled. Vsphere is 6.0.

26 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 05:00

Disregard...I restarted the vCenter appliance, and did a services.sh restart on all ESXi hosts, and now it's gone.

No Events found!