Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2010 21:00

Is AT_1039 official patch?

We are still hesitated whether to upgrade 5.3 SP4 with hotfix or 5.4.

One concern is that is AT_1039 an official patch?

Thanks

262 Posts

December 6th, 2010 21:00

Hi,

This is not an official patch.

This is a patch that we had them release it.

Because AutoStart doesn't operate correctly if this is not used, we are distributing this patch in Japan.

262 Posts

December 6th, 2010 22:00

Hi, Daniel

If it is an official patch, it is necessary to publish in Powerlink.

Teach why patch does not publish.

December 6th, 2010 22:00

All,

The AT_1039 patch is the latest Cumulative Hot Fix patch for AutoStart 5.3.4.

This patch was released by AutoStart Development for AutoStart 5.3.4 and is highly recommended for all appropriate AutoStart 5.3.4 installations, as it contains the latest Bug fixes.

From the standpoint of AutoStart Development, this is an officially released patch and fully supported.

I am do not understand why this is though to not be "official" ?  Sorry for the confusion.

Note: The AT_1039 patch is relevant for only Windows platforms.  There is another patch for Linux platforms that can be provided by EMC Technical Support.

The AutoStart 5.4 GA release contains all of the fixes in the previous 5.3.4 Cumulative Hot Fix (AT_1036) and a limited number from the new 5.3.4 Cumulative Hot Fix (AT_1039).  This was due to timing of the releases and relevance to 5.4.  Please review the 5.4 Release Notes for clarification of included fixes.

Let us know what you think and if you have further questions about the 5.3.4 Cumulative patch or 5.4 release.  Happy to clarify further.

Best Regards,

Daniel Vongehr

EMC Technical Support

December 8th, 2010 17:00

Hi,

There were some changes in the way Hot Fixes are released for AutoStart. The new current procedure does not release Hot Fixes via Powerlink.   Hotfixes are now only accessible via Support request.

This was done, in part, so that Customer issues can be analyzed appropriately and EMC can attempt to verify that the Hot Fix will indeed fix the indicated Customer issue.

Another section of EMC where this is done, for example VMAX ucode updates and Solutions Enabler Hot Fixes are not posted on Powerlink.

Going forwards, I will be planning to announce Hot Fix releases here on the Forum and also on the AutoStart Support page off of Powerlink.  The Hot Fixes will still need to be requested from Support, but the announcement should help everyone know that they are available.

Let me know what you think.  Hope that this helps out.

Best Regards,

Daniel Vongehr

EMC Technical Support

157 Posts

December 8th, 2010 23:00

Thanks Daniel - sharing the patch info on the forum is an excellent idea and will save us both a lot of trouble. Yesterday I got a report about the Autostart 5.4 console crashing with the java exception when trying to edit the sensor based trigger, so i am wondering have any problems been identified with it already?

December 9th, 2010 16:00

Hi Tomislav,

No, I don't know of that item being reported at this time.

Can you open up a Service Request for it?  or at the least send me the details of the issue on email?

Then I can verify and send it up to Development.

Best Regards,

Daniel Vongehr

EMC Technical Support

December 15th, 2010 12:00

Tomislav,

In my discussions with Development I've found that the issue you mentioned may already have been identified.

Development stated that there is a known issue with sensors that leads to a Java exception.

They cannot say 100% that this is the issue you report, but it could be.

For confirmation of your issue we need information from your setup, the aamSupports, the actual error and the how you generated it in detail.

You can provide this via a SR or you may email it to me and I will open the SR for you.

Or if you'd rather you can wait for the first Cumulative Hot Fix for AutoStart 5.4 and retest this issue.

Let me know if you'd like to explore this further.

Best Regards,

Daniel Vongehr

EMC Technical Support

No Events found!