Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2012 07:00

Mirrorview Button not available through VNX Unisphere

Hello,

we just set up a VNX and want to configure Mirrorview, we have installed the enabler but we can not see the Mirrorview Configuration Button in Unisphere

Is it possible that these Button is not available with our curent Version?

Version:

best regards

andreas

1K Posts

Are you looking in the right location? If MirrorView is enabled you should see it under data protection.

mv.png

1K Posts

Can you take a screenshot of the Software that is installed? In Unisphere click on System and on the right-hand side you will see System Properties. Click on that and then select the Software tab

Hi,

thanks for your answer!

I know, but it isn´t available, so I thought that it is maybe a firmware "feature"

October 23rd, 2012 00:00

hello, not possible at the moment, maybe tomorrow.

If you mean the installed enabler, we have both, mirrorview/s and a licensed.

It is a really strange behaviour.

Via Command Line it is possible to configure the mirrorview relationship.

best regards

andreas

1K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 05:00

Did you try logging out, restarting the management services and log back in? Just go to http:// /setup to restart the management services.

Sounds like a GUI issue and restarting the management services should fix that.

October 23rd, 2012 06:00

Yap, we tried already, but didn´t work.

I have really no idea...

1K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 07:00

Post the screenshot when you get a chance. Just want to see that Software tab

October 23rd, 2012 07:00

OK, I will post it if I get the chance...

One other problem is, that we can not enable the snapview license, error message is: enabler not supported on the system....

Thanks in advance!

October 24th, 2012 01:00

hello,

here are the screenshots...

mirror view button1.pngmirror view button2.png

br

andreas

1K Posts

October 24th, 2012 05:00

When you click on Replications in Data Protection it's only for File, correct?

Hmm, no idea why it's not showing up. That's strange. The only thing I can think of is opening a support ticket.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

October 27th, 2012 21:00

Based on the software list (screenshot) you own a File-only configuration.  This will also account for the everything you had mentioned.

/nas/sbin/model -option -list

What you will need is to look into is an FTU (File-to-Unified) upgrade.  At the absolute minimum it requires at least the Block Enabler which you don't have and will show up under the software list as "UnisphereBlock" (you only have "UnisphereFile").  Often the kit is also purchased with additional I/O module cards for host connectivity since the minimum File-only configuration only requires enough FC I/O ports for the X-Blades.  Therefore, it may also require planning for the orderly reboot of each SP to install the mirrored pair of UltraFlex I/O modules and/or SFP's as well as loading the Block Enabler.  It also requires syncing the file portion to make it aware of the recent change.

Follow-up with your sales rep for the "FTU Upgrade Kit".

November 6th, 2012 11:00

I had this problem also when i upgrade to 32 code ones!

my unified system becomes a file only system.

the solution was to install BlockEnabler-01.01.5.001-armada64_free enabler that i get from emc. i made a case and then get this file.

after everything works fine!

No Events found!