Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 15th, 2011 10:00

WAN Bandwidth exceeding Bandwidth Limitations set on CGs

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem I am seeing. The actual bandwidth our RPAs are placing on the WAN exceeds the sum of the Bandwidth Limitations of all our consistency groups. We are using a shared WAN for our regular corporate communications and our replication. At times, the RPAs are flooding our WAN, using all the bandwidth available, causing all sorts of "corporate grief".

Cheers,

Jack van Gorkum

IT Systems Analyst, Team Lead

MDA Ltd, Canada.

8 Posts

Hi Paula,

Thanks, that would be great.

Cheers, Jack...

8 Posts

Thanks for your reply. No CGs are set to unlimited. The sum of the limits on the CGs are definitely set to a limit I do not want to exceed. I have submitted an SR with EMC, which is taking some time to get resolved, but thought someone else may have experienced the same problem. So far the response for the SR indicates it is related to a WAN congestion problem, which is not the case on our WAN.

Cheers, Jack...

116 Posts

Hello Jack,

I can move this thread to the EMC Support Forum if you like to give it more visibility.   Please advise.

Thanks,

Paula

12 Posts

Jack,

I would check and make sure that no CG is set to unlimited.  There is a known issue with RP in that if one CG on an RPA is set to unlimited then all CG's on that RPA are unlimited.  If that is not the case I would open a ticket with support on this issue.

Don Rush

Sr Systems Engineer

Federal - RecoverPoint & Virtual Storage

244 Posts

March 15th, 2011 11:00

Hi,  I've moved your question the Replication support forum where it should receive prompt attention. Thanks!

No Events found!