December 5th, 2009 18:00

how to delete a replistor license?

hi`

how to delete a replistor license?

262 Posts

December 6th, 2009 17:00

Hi

RepliStor Server Service is stopped.

Regedit.exe is executed and the following value is deleted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RepliStorControl\Parameters\

-Access Code

-License Key

OS is reactivated.

I don't understand the reason to do this.

Because the evaluation key has the flag in the different location even if it deletes it here, it is not possible to use it.

83 Posts

December 6th, 2009 23:00

Because I have two machines entered the same license.

If I delete onelicense  of them, the other machine is to resume normal running?

Or I stop the replistor's service in which a machine, Whether can fix this problem?

262 Posts

December 7th, 2009 00:00

Hi

>If I delete onelicense  of them, the other machine is to resume normal running?

Yes.

But let me start because Mirroring and the Forwarding stop.

>Or I stop the replistor's service in which a machine, Whether can fix this problem?

You do not need to stop the service.

83 Posts

December 7th, 2009 00:00

hi

>2

I mean, I did not remove the license, only stopped the second machine's service .

106 Posts

December 7th, 2009 12:00

All,

The easiest way to fix this is not to remove the license keys from the registry but to just install a valid RS License key on one of the machines which has a duplicate license.  If you need a temporary license key that will allow you time to request a new permanent license I can provide that for you.  Please just let me know what version of the OS and RepliStor you are using and I can create a temop license.

You can also contact EMC support and they can also obtain a temporary license key for you.

Thanks...JS

83 Posts

December 7th, 2009 17:00

thanks~

I want to know whether the operation before me, to ensure a normal use of the machine A,  the machine B can suspend the use of Replistor to wait for my new license.

106 Posts

January 4th, 2010 10:00

To suspend the use of Machine A until Machine B is re-licensed, the easiest way would be to simply Disable all the Specifications that go from Machine A to Machine B.  Once RepliStor stops trying to replicate to Machine B there should be no problems until you re-license Machine B.  If you are looking at a short period of time until you get the new license arranged, I can send you a temporary license.  I would need to know the version of RepliStor and the version of the Windows OS.

By the way, just shutting down the RepliStor Service and the RepliStor Device driver would also disable the replication and Mirroring.  Just stopping the Service may cause issues if the Miroring Driver is left running with an enabled specification.  To disable all RepliStor functionality on the machine you can open a command prompt and type in the following commands:

Net Stop RepliStorServer

Net Stop RepliStorControl

Net Stop RepliStor

To restart the processes just type:

Net Start RepliStorServer

Thanks...JS

262 Posts

January 6th, 2010 18:00

Hi

I don't understand what you want to do.

If two machines is installed, it is necessary by two licenses.

Delete Replistor if you will stop one machine.

83 Posts

January 6th, 2010 18:00

It Tips :in the LAN which have duplicate serial numbers.

No Events found!