Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 25th, 2017 01:00

SDC installation in ESXi hosts

I want to installed ScaleIO(V2.0-13000.211) in VMWare for a PoC test.

I registered the ScaleIO plug-in on VC 6.0 and uploaded the OVA template successfully.

But on the next step for installing SDC on ESX hosts, it displayed the following alert:"Unable to find any SDC install file" .

ScaleIO -SDC.JPG.jpg

Where is the default location for ScaleIO component installation in VMWare environment? Is there any way to define the full path for SDC VIB file?

Thanks!

73 Posts

May 25th, 2017 06:00

Assuming this is VC 6.0:

Linux: /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/

Windows: C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity

Then look under those folders for your ScaleIO plugin folder and you should find the drv_cfg and sdc zip files there. My guess is that they are not there, and so that is why you are seeing the error.

As Pawel mentioned, you can install the vib manually. If you absolutely need this to work, the way I've found is to clean up the environment by unregistering, deleting any files in the locations stipulated above, rebooting vcenter and then re-registering.

Good luck,

Rick

306 Posts

May 25th, 2017 01:00

Hello,

Is your vCenter Server running in some non-standard location, i.e. D: drive or something? We have seen similar issues with such setups.

As a workaround, you can install the SDCs manually.

Thank you,

Pawel

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 25th, 2017 02:00

Thanks Pawel.

That's OK if used manually installation for each host.

And if we want to step forward for this wizard, which location does the ScaleIO Plug-in to find for SDC VIB? 

306 Posts

May 25th, 2017 04:00

Hi,

It needs the vCenter to be installed in the default location on the C:, some paths are hardcoded.

Cheers,

Pawel

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 25th, 2017 17:00

Thanks for your advice!

No Events found!