Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2016 15:00

ScaleIO 1.32.2 script fail's to install Plugin

Hello Techies ,

When I run the ScaleIOPlugin scrip for 1.32.2 and put in the creds ,vCenterIp and username (admin) it go's to attempting to connect but it never connects,Also I tried from another jump server and  I get java error saying Java 1.6 or higher is needed where I have Java 1.8 installed

Already tried

reinstalling java,

rebooted vcenter once

rebooted jump server

What am I missing here ?  I have heard from few other people they had similar issue.

45 Posts

August 27th, 2016 01:00

Hi Rishi, Can you make sure the VC and the host running the registration script are able to communicate with each other and  there is no firewall in between that might block the traffic.

If still having issues- please provide details of ESXi version etc..

August 27th, 2016 09:00

Everything is connected but while running i get thumprint error & when I input the thumprint it says installation successful but never gets installed .

vCenter Version is 6.0 Build 3339084

ESXi Version is VMware ESXi, 6.0.0, 3568940

306 Posts

August 27th, 2016 15:00

Hi,

When you install the plugin, it will ask you to log out from the vSphere Web Client and log back it BEFORE you press enter - can you confirm you follow this step? This is crucial, as without doing that (logout, log back in) the plugin won't install correctly.

Thanks,

Pawel

45 Posts

August 28th, 2016 06:00

Try to clean up and re-install:

1.Un-register plugin.

2. Delete the files in the folder:
  "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\VMware\scaleio for Windows
3. Stop the service  vSphere Web client  on VC
4.Delete the files of the plugin in the folder:
  "C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity"
5. Start the service  vSphere Web client  on VC

6. Register the plugin again using the same ps1 script and ensure to log out and log back before hitting enter

7. Clear browser cache and log into vSphere Web Client

August 29th, 2016 06:00

Follow KB https://support.emc.com/kb/464668 and KB https://support.emc.com/kb/463365  and let us know if these help.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can perform:

1. 1. Try  to put the vCenter username in with domain credentials when deploying the .ps1 file (scaleIo plugin).
  2. 2. Check if the client running the script have a firewall.
  3. 3. Try to register using a different host if possible.
  4. 4. Make sure the server where you are running the ScaleIO plugin (.ps1 file) is connected to the vCenter Server.
  5. 5. Check if you have any existing versions of Java that are not 64-bit. If you have any other version of Java that is not 64-bit, remove such versions. If you have older version of Java e.g. 1.7, uninstall it and install the newest 1.8 x64 of Java.
  6. 6. If the above steps also fail, try to run the ScaleIO plugin (.ps1 file) on the vCenter Server itself.
  7. 7. If the issue still perstists, contact EMC Technical support quoting this KB article.

25 Posts

September 1st, 2016 11:00

I found the easiest and cleanest way to install the plugin was by deploying the scaleio gateway first.  You then run the script and choose I believe advanced vs standard.  When asked to enter the URL, point it at the Gateway (use a similar URL as the standard method outputs when choosing to install that way. 

The plugin installs every time I have tried vs when using the local web server copy the script stands up on your local machine when you choose standard.

No Events found!