Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

3 Posts

May 18th, 2022 11:00

Gateway Connection Failed

I keep receiving the following error email even though SGC connectivity status is green on the web page.

1 connectivity tests failed today for gateway host.   These connection issues could impact our ability to monitor devices and automatically create support cases.

The test type says SMTP Server; the issue is "We couldn't verify your gateway connection status because the connection timed out."

Any idea how to fix this?

• 

3.7K Posts

May 18th, 2022 19:00

Hi, thanks for choosing Dell. What Secure Connect Gateway version do you use? Also is this the only system that you are having the connection problem with? What about others?

3 Posts

May 18th, 2022 21:00

Version 5.10.   

• 

3.7K Posts

May 18th, 2022 23:00

Hi,

1 Is this the first time you are seeing this? I mean was it like this from the get go?
2 Do you see the issue with the one server only or do you see this with other systems as well? 

3 Posts

May 19th, 2022 08:00

1.  No, it has been like this since I installed the Dell Secure Connect Gateway.  When I go to the SMTP settings to test connectivity, it fails even though it sends me emails.  FYI, the email server is an on premise Exchange Server 2019 CU12.

2.  Dell SCG is installed on a single Hyper-V VM.

Thank you for helping me.

• 

3.4K Posts

May 19th, 2022 10:00

Hello EricMR,

It's good you receive the email so the function is working.

It appears to be an issue with the test. The fix will be in release 5.10.12 and should be out in July. I don't have an exact date.

No Events found!