Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2016 21:00

ESRS Network check page Run Test loading

Hi I am configuring the ESRS V 3.6 . We have all the firewalls port request open.

During the provisioning  phase .

The proxy server part worked. I am was able test the proxy connection.The next screen where "Network Check" The Runtest keeps on loading, I don't see any servers. It does not look like its failing nor it is successful.  What might be the issue.

Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot the issue ?

Also I read that if proxy must not perform SSL checking. If it performs the connection might drop. Is this something the proxy team can verify ?

Ram

22 Posts

March 28th, 2016 23:00

Hi Ram,

try with the latest OVF version 3.10, the network check is changed.

Regards

Marco

10 Posts

April 18th, 2016 21:00

I did try installing the new version 3.10 did not help. We are going through the proxy. From gateways i am able to connect to the proxy (We requested a rule for it )

i went through the port requirement matrix. I see below rule. Does this needs to be enabled to proxy to work ? 

rule_1.JPG.jpg

Thanks,

Ram

33 Posts

April 18th, 2016 23:00

The proxy you are referring to is for "inbound" traffic from EMC devices in your environment. Some devices use the gateway as proxy for uploading large files. It looks like you are experiencing issues with the outbound connection to the EMC infrastructure over port 443/8443. To ensure communication integrity, proxy servers and devices external to your DMZ must not perform any method of SSL checking on outbound or inbound traffic for ESRS. SSL checking will cause connectivity loss to EMC. If SSL checking is performed on outbound communications by customer firewalls, proxies, web traffic filtering appliances or applications, web traffic shaping/load balancing, certificate verification or proxying, or Intrusion Detection Services (IDS), there will be loss connectivity to EMC Checkout /var/log/esrs/provisioning/provisioning.log and search for messages relating to the failed installation.

No Events found!