Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 1st, 2015 14:00

ESRS VE Fails to Verify SiteID

The partner and I tried for 3 hrs to get the VE up and running will no success. This is a Hyper-V shop, we were deploying the VHD. Initial configurations were fine. The first issue was when trying to use the customers Support.EMC credentials. The Pop up of unable to send Access Key appeared. There was no way around it. Trying to use EMC FOB, it said the install was already in progress and we would have to wait. We blew the VM away and restarted. This time we used my RSA FOB credentials and got past that step. However, when entering SiteID it immediately failed. Tried other SiteID's with the same issue. Tried running the provisioning in different browsers, clearing cache, incognito mode, but nothing worked. We finally called it a day. Any ideas why it couldn’t verify any site IDs? All the firewall rules passed.

119 Posts

I don't think I've seen that before.  Can you share a screen shot of the error with us?  Please remove any proprietary information.

119 Posts

Did you verify there was at least one ESRS-deployable device associated with the Site ID?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

We will be joining the customer via WebEx tomorrow morning. If the issue continues I will be more than happy to take a screen shot. As I stated previously, it almost seems like there is no request sent to verify which means there's no acknowledgment. Instantly says Can not verify SiteID. Thanks again

119 Posts

If it fails again, shoot me an email and I'll join your WebEx.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hey James , thanks for the reply. When you say "esrs deployable device" , you mean something like XtremeIO or VNX correct. If so, then yes. Tried the customers Prod and DR sites that have both XtremeIO and VNX tied to the respectful SiteID. I also had support confirm.

"Start from the beginning and start over. I checked that site Id and it was good.

We also had another CE with a similar issue and it took her three times to get by that site id error."

We tried like 10 times to no avail.

No Events found!