Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 14th, 2008 12:00

ESRS gateway

How does the ESRS gateway communicate to the Symmetrix?
Is it through the Service Processor IP or does it use Control Center or a server proxy running Solutions Enabler?

What if we dont have IP connectivity to the SPs on our Symm? Will it require us to assign IPs to the SPs?

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

October 14th, 2008 12:00

yep, Service processor will have to have an ip address assigned to it, that way ESRS gateway can poll the service processor for events.

19 Posts

March 29th, 2011 02:00

My next question is how is CE access service processor on Symmetrix from ESRS?

Is is via web browser? or special tool only available to CE? NOT customers?

The reason i am asking is becasue we recently built a new ESRS VM running on W2K8 R2 64BIT on ESX host, and after we migrated all the managed storage devices. Our CE trying to get onto our Symm from ESRS and found extremely slow and hardly able to do anything on Service processor. We have check all the firewall and network connectivity on the ESRS, everything seem to be fine.

If anyone can tell me what application or how CE access SP from ESRS, at least it will help us to troubleshooting our slowness issue.

Thanks

vTao.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 5th, 2011 11:00

EMC CE uses tool remotlyAnywhere or EMCRemote (can't remember the exact name). The tools runs on your CE's laptop and uses ESRS gateway as a "proxy" to talk to the remotlyAnywhere server running on the service processor.

No Events found!