Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 19th, 2012 05:00

ESRS installation

Hi, is there an installation guide for ESRS tht outlines the prerequisites for the GW and Policy server?  All I can find is the configuring the 'ESRS 2 Gateway client prior to installation' pdf.  What is ESRS 2?

119 Posts

November 19th, 2012 06:00

On the Overview page of this forum there is a link to support.emc.com.  Click on Support by Product in the center pane.  In the Find a Product field, enter ESRS, select the choice ESRS and click the green arrow.  The Site Planning Guide will be listed under documentation.

7 Posts

Thanks that really helps.  Is there a simple link to the planning guide that sounds just what I'm looking for but couldn't find.  I have two gateways and one policy server to prepare for EMC ESRS installation.  Many thanks

119 Posts

The Site Planning Guide will explain the hardware and software requirements for the ESRS Gateway client.  The document you mentioned will explain how to configure the ESRS Gateway client prior to installation of the product.  The first ESRS product was introduced in 2006 and we referred to it as ESRS 1.  The next generation of the product was introduced in 2010 and we referred to it as ESRS 2.  ESRS 1 is no longer available so there's no need to differentiate between the two versions.  I modified the document to remove any references to ESRS 2.

No Events found!