Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2012 06:00

Can't start console with sm_gui

Hello!

I've just completed Ionix 9.0.0.4 installation on RHEL 5.8. Then I installed Console 9.0.0.4 on the same host. After installation I try to start the console and get this error message:

# bin/sm_gui

[November 15, 2012 6:27:10 PM GMT+04:00 +577ms] t@4141991632 platform

CRPT-F-CRYPTO_FMLF-FIPS module loading failed: The loading of the FIPS140 shared library failed for an unspecified reason

It is strange. FIPS140 is not enabled in my installation. It is disabled for console too:

# cat local/conf/runcmd_env.sh

SM_FIPS140=FALSE

What should I do to start the console?

170 Posts

November 15th, 2012 07:00

Hi Azalesov,

I found a similar issue reported and a workaround provided in the release notes for SAM 8.1.2. Please find release notes attached.

See the Known problems and limitations section (CQ 581240).

Please let me know if this resolves you issues.

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

1 Attachment

12 Posts

November 16th, 2012 00:00

Thank you for advice!

The problem was SELinux preventing Ionix load shared libraries. I disabled SELinux and Global Console starts normally.

49 Posts

February 17th, 2014 03:00

I know its an older thread but maybe it helps ppl running into same problem. (Running 9.2.2 here on CentOS 5)

After i followed the advise on previously attached PDF do changes selinuzx policy for the 2 files it still fails.

chcon -t textrel_shlib_t libcryptocme2.so

chcon -t textrel_shlib_t libccme_base.so

After doing so on the file shown in log as well

chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /opt/InCharge/CONSOLE/smarts/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so

the dashboard started w/o problems.

I cant say much on operation right now but at least my start problem was solved and there is NO NEED to DISABLE a security feature for a monitoring solution. This is a BAD advise / workaround from EMC.

HTH

Christian

No Events found!