Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2014 16:00

EMC Smarts - Cisco WISM2 Support

Has anyone successfully got a WISM2 to discover? I was looking through the device driver file for Cisco Wireless Controller in EMC Smarts 17.0 HF1 and it seems shamefully outdated. it doesn't reference WISM2 at all (a product that has been available since 2011) and it does not reference the latest major code train for Cisco Wireless Controller 7.X (a software release that has been available since 2011).

Anyways, I have been trying to tweak the device driver with no success

Does anyone have any experience making the WISM2's discoverable for performing backups?

January 14th, 2014 20:00

Firstly, welcome to the forums, and above all, thank you for being an EMC customer.

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Smarts Support Forum".

Smarts Support Forum

3 Posts

January 15th, 2014 12:00

Thanks Christopher, I have done that

170 Posts

January 20th, 2014 08:00

Hi Jaoui,

You can submit a re-certification request for this WISM device by following the steps here:

https://support.emc.com/kb/16111

Additionally, have you used to Device Driver Toolkit?

You can use this to tweak the exist driver and it may allow you to backup the WISM2 device before the re-certification request is complete.

Please see the attached document for information on the DDT (Device Driver Toolkit).

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

1 Attachment

3 Posts

January 20th, 2014 19:00

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. I tried clicking the re-certification link you sent but I get an SSO error...

I will see about using the DDT if possible (I'm not the tool admin; I'm just the wireless admin). If we can make it work with DDT I will post the necessary settings here

Thanks again,

-David

170 Posts

January 21st, 2014 02:00

Hi David,

The link above is to a KB article on our support site.

You need a valid login to our support site to access it.
Your Smarts admin should have this login.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

No Events found!