Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 30th, 2015 23:00

Export the First Discovery Date of the devices from Smarts or W4N

Is there a way of exporting the devices list along with the "First Discovery Date" or the Creation Time from Smarts or W4N.  What are the options we have to get this information.

Thank you.

170 Posts

May 6th, 2015 07:00

Hi 123blackjack,

The attached asl code will export this information from Smarts IP to a text file.

Please save this asl file in the bin directory of your Smarts IP installation (default location: /opt/InCharge/IP/smarts/bin/) and run using the following command (from the same directory):

./sm_adapter -s INCHARGE-AM-PM ./get-device-list.asl > list.txt

A file called list.txt will be created with the relevant information.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

1 Attachment

4 Posts

June 17th, 2015 20:00

Hi Paul,

I'm new to EMC SMARTS and I might be asking silly question.

I just wanted to know where are the data stored for all this information (devices)?

Are they stored on the same MySQL database like smarts, topology, scom, etc?

Or there is another one?  Thanks.

Regards,

Dante

170 Posts

June 18th, 2015 06:00

Hi DanteR,

For Smarts Products, all topology information, relationships, attribute values and events are stored in the repository file (.rps file) which is a proprietary database. The repository file is located at:

/smarts/local/repos/icf/

You can use the Domain Manager console to access this repository or by using DMCTL commands.

If you are unfamiliar with dmctl, please see KB article here:

https://support.emc.com/kb/17207 - Smarts: How to use the Smarts Domain Manager Control Program (DMCTL)

https://support.emc.com/docu45998_Smarts-Foundation-9.2-System-Administration-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

4 Posts

June 18th, 2015 15:00

Thanks heaps Paul, that is very helpful.

July 2nd, 2015 05:00

Thank you so much Paul, Well could we export all the processes configured on ESM including the arguments from smarts , could we do it with an ASL script.

4 Posts

January 5th, 2016 05:00

HI Paul,

The ASL script helps. Can you please edit the ASL file and help me getting below information while exporting the devices?

AccessMode

DisplayClassName

Model

Name

SNMPAddress

SystemName

SystemObjectID

Vendor

DiscoveredFirstAt

DisplayName

Please help.

Thanks