Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2015 04:00

Filtering the SMARTS Alert View in M&R

Hi,

I'm trying to create multiple notification views for SMARTS events in M&R to be viewed by different groups within our organisation.

The 'out of the box' report is an external type with a URL of:

"/dojoviews/view.html?viewname=AlertView&viewlocation=@{id}&viewobjectid=AlertView&edaa_tomcat=http%3A%2F%2Fnj02ga03nmh32.us.db.com%3A8080&sam_presentation=Test-APG"

I have been trying to customise this by using &filter=

but any syntax I use seems to be ignored.  I'm guessing that the field names used in notifications aren't the actual variable names.

Does anybody have any experience of doing this or is there some documentation somewhere that I can refer to?

Many thanks

Nik

170 Posts

March 5th, 2015 01:00

Hi Nik,

One possible solution is to create notification lists in SMARTs and use these within EMC M&R.

Please see steps included in this KB article and the command to re-notify events after creation of the new profiles :

https://support.emc.com/kb/195588 - EMC Watch4net | M&R | Vipr SRM: Notification Lists created or modified within Smarts are not reflected within the notification report of W4N

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Paul O'Rourke

2 Posts

March 5th, 2015 01:00

Classification: Public

Thanks Paul,

I'll give that a go, many thanks.

Kind regards,

Nik Hinson

2 Attachments

December 19th, 2015 05:00

Hi Nik,

Have you managed to find a proper solution for your issue? I think the proposal from Paul does not solve the acutal request of having "multiple notification views for SMARTS events in M&R to be viewed by different groups". The problem is that you can only have one SAM profile associated to a M&R role. So if you are going to show multiple notifications views for a usergroup/m&r role, the only way we have found, is to create these views manually per user and adjust/save filters per individual user. This is pretty time consuming and not optimal at all, as you would like this to be done as an admin task and apply it to user groups/m&r roles.

In M&R 6.6u1 a new feature was added allowing an admin to associate a Notication view with other users.  However, this is limited to only one filter/view. We are in discussion with EMC right now about extending this feature to support multiple views.

Please note we are also looking into alternative solutions meanwhile by using a combination of the DojoViews/ MashupEngine URL calls. But as you may have experienced yourself, this is not straight forward

No Events found!