Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2012 22:00

Installing EMC Ionix SMARTS on MS Windows Server 2008-R2

Hi Everyone,

I am installing Ionix Service Assurrance managment Suite V 8.1.2-Sp2 (64bit) along with Global Console (V 8.1 Sp2) and IP management suite v 8.1 Sp2 on Windows Server 2008 -x64bit-r2 EE, The installation was suucessfully completed , but the following service are either failed to start or stop automatically after starting.

1) EMC Ionix Availability manager Server

2) EMC Ionis Service Assurrance Manager Server

Also i found the follwing msgs under Windows Event Viewer:

" The EMC Ionix Availability Manager Server Service Termintaed unexpectedly, it has done this two time(s)."

FYI i am installing this on a VM, If any one has any info. please guide.

March 18th, 2012 22:00

You need a valid license installed.

Also look in the log files located under .log. The error will be in there.

Vinnie Lima | Senior Consultant | vlima@vvlsystems.com

Office: 410.864.8659

Fax: 410.630.7321

Cell: 410-370-0621

Web: www.vvlsystems.com

CompTIA Sec+ | RHCE | VCP3

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of VVL Systems & Consulting., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its - Confidential - status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Reply-To: >

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:17:55 -0600

To: Vinicius Lima >

Subject: New message: "Installing EMC Ionix SMARTS on MS Windows Server 2008-R2"

1 Attachment

4 Posts

March 18th, 2012 23:00

Hi vinnielima,

Thanks for the help, i have found some errors regarding license file, such as "

LIC-EFLEXLM-FlexLM returned the following error message: "Cannot find license file."

But i am installing it from original installation media received from EMC, How can I solve this issue?

25 Posts

March 29th, 2012 02:00

HI,

Have you updated license in conf file?Seems you havent put license file itself.

Regards,

Shweta

27 Posts

September 12th, 2012 14:00

Hi Vinnielima,

I'm not sure if your issue has been resolved or not, but if it hasn't you would either need a 30days temp license while you are setting-up your license server or need the permanent license to go with your license server.

Hope this helps, if not please let me know,

Regards,

-TJ

27 Posts

September 12th, 2012 14:00

Also, if you do need a 30days Temp license, EMC Smarts Support can provide you with one.

Regards,

-TJ

No Events found!