Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2016 03:00

Root Cause as a USP

Hi SMARTS Community

Root Cause is a key selling point of the SMARTS product. I know that this may be a broad question and that us IT bods might find it difficult to answer without specifics, but does anyone know what the typical percentage of alarms that should be a Cause (IsRoot = True) and what percentage should be Caused by (IsRoot = False) in a typical monitored network. In our environment we are seeing some Caused by alarms but want to know what a typical ratio might be?

kind regards

Benny

53 Posts

November 29th, 2016 07:00

Hello Ben,

If I understand your question correctly, you're looing for a possible ratio or average Smarts RCA for alarms that are IsRoot=True and IsRoot= False.  As every network is different from the next, let me see what I can pull together for you.

53 Posts

December 2nd, 2016 06:00

Ben, just following up with your question.  There is no expected average or "typical percentage" of alarms that are caused or caused by.  It is entirely determined by the discovered topology, more particularly by the relationship among each discovered component.  Each topology will have its own relationship size and because of this we do not have an expected average.  I hope this helps answer your question.

No Events found!