Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2012 15:00

SMARTS certification program for equipment vendor

Hi there,

I am not sure this community is the right place or not. My company is the networking equipment vendor to provide the L4/7 load-balancer.  Several of our customers are using the SMARTS system to monitor and manage their networks.  They want to have  our devices to be certified by the SMARTS system.  Then, they can use the SMARTS to manage our device in their networks as well.  We don't know whether the EMC SMARTS provides the equipment vendor certification or not, and like to hear any information from this community to have the start.   I browsed the EMC product web site, and can't find such links or program.

Thanks in advance!

-Richard

52 Posts

June 29th, 2012 08:00

Richard,

I am overjoyed that you are interested in pursuing such a relationship with EMC and we normally are customer driven in our certification requests.  The typical ways we go about this are:

1. Understanding of the capabilities of our products and see how they align to the capabilities of the various devices.  This is normally done by examining the customer deployment, but would be improved by talking to the pertinent vendor to get a better picture instead of just one example of a deployment.

2. We have a set of tools that can be used to capture SNMP data from the device (and surrounding equipment) for use in our environment to simulate the devices.  Arguably this is more efficient using a DMZ or a VPN into a shared lab, but we are used to working with simulations.  We would be happy to provide you with the tools necessary to collect that data.

3. Ideally, we would run some failure scenarios to ensure that the device behavior correctly maps to our expectations.  This also covers things like performance metrics - making sure that they present data where we think they should.

I would suggest that you reach out to Arun Kottolli (arun.kottolli@emc.com).  He is the Product Manager in charge of device certifications and can get you started w/r/t that program.

Regards,

Bill

16 Posts

September 19th, 2012 13:00

Hello Richard,

Were you able to get a hold of Arun Kottolli?  Let me know if you're still looking for some help.  If no,

could you change the status of your question from Not Answered to Answered?

Regards,

Joseph

No Events found!