Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2016 08:00

What are the versions of EMC SMARTS ?

Hi All,

Good Day, I am new to EMC SMARTS and eager to learn on the working, Before i start there i would like to know what are the versions of SMARTS available / released in the past and what is the latest ?

I could not find much info on this on the Internet, Can someone help me on this.

21 Posts

March 16th, 2016 22:00

In simple terms:

-  Service Assurance monitors systems and devices for availability and optionally for performance

- Network Configuration Manager tracks changes to the configuration of devices

- Watch4Net collects and reports on performance statistics over time

Previous versions go way back in time - there was 9.4.0, 8.x, 7,x. ...

48 Posts

March 15th, 2016 14:00

If you want to learn, the best place to go would be support.emc.com and click support by product and then search for "Smarts" choose one of the Smarts products (the best place start would be the SAM / Service Assurance Manager, you can see all previously released supported versions and their documentation.

21 Posts

March 16th, 2016 00:00

The current versions of the Smarts Service Assurance products is 9.4.1

The current versions of the Smarts Network Configuration Manager product is 9.4.1

The current versions of the Watch4Net product is 6.6u1

Is this what you were looking for?

10 Posts

March 16th, 2016 10:00

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply, Yes i was looking for what you mentioned.

Now a bit of confusion here after you mentioned 2 products in SMARTS, what is the difference between Smarts Service Assurance & Smarts Network Configuration Manager

I will be working on a SMART's product which will be monitoring the network devices assuming it is Smarts Network Configuration Manager.

Also is there any list with the previous versions which were released ?

10 Posts

March 18th, 2016 07:00

Thank you Peter.

No Events found!