Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 27th, 2015 19:00

restarting of Windows server causes issues with watch4net services

on our Watch4Net backend server we have issues when the server is restarted, eg: some of the services fail to restart, I believe this is caused because other services have not started yet, eg: MySQL database service, what is the order that services should be started in ? or should we not be seeing this issue at all ?

170 Posts

July 28th, 2015 02:00

Hi drak41,

The follow command should be used to start all services in the correct order:

/opt/APG/bin/manage-modules.sh service start all

If the MySQL service is still not starting, then you may have other issues with the backend.

Please see the following KBs which may help to resolve the issue.

https://support.emc.com/kb/90980 - EMC M&R: Backend will not start and reports contain no new data. Error: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Table '.\apg\data_property' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

https://support.emc.com/kb/203978 - EMC M&R (Watch4net) : Unable to start Backend after server crash; Error: SEVERE -- Cache::start(): APG Backend startup failed!

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

2 Posts

July 28th, 2015 16:00

Thanks for that Paul, some great information for other issues we see, but it did not answer my question, our servers are restarted automatically so there is no one there to watch and fix issues, in this instance I have setup a program that will restart the services but I need to know what the order of the restart should be, below is the current order I have the services restarting:

APGAlertingBackendDefault

APGBackendHealth

APGBackendScom

APGBackendSmarts

APGBackendSnmp

APGBackendStorage

APGBackendTransactions

APGBackendVmware

APGCollectorManagerHealth

APGDatastoreDefault

APGMysqlDefault

APGTaskSchedulerDefault

APGTopologyServiceDefault

APGWebserviceGatewayDefault

I have since moved the MySQL up to first in the list but it would be good to know if I need to move any of the others around.

TIA

No Events found!