Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 16th, 2013 21:00

smarts topology in watch4net topology report

How to configure the topology tool to fetch smarts IP topology .

What needs to be done at the /Tools/Topology/Default/Conf and /Tools/Topology/Default/data for devices and their neighbour connections to show up in watch4net topology report.

I have setup a topology report in front end, but the data needs to be fetched

April 18th, 2013 21:00

Got it,

Add the data to connected-to-links.csv. use ./topo-importer.sh to find the data.

/opt/APG/bin]# ./topo-importer.sh -s -u admin -p changeme -b :426 --interface-properties "Description" --port-properties "Description" >> /opt/APG/Tools/Topology/Default/data/connected-to-links.csv

run refresh topology.

and voila

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 18th, 2013 11:00

Hi Shyamjayachandran,

As you already know, W4N does not pull information on these neighboring connections by default, and I'm not 100% certain this can be done and if possible, not very simple to do.  Let me research this a bit more and get back with you.

Thanks,

JT 

April 18th, 2013 17:00

HI John

Watch4net fundamentals training shows a screenshot of devices in topology with connections, though it doessay that this can be achieved by configuration. It now depends on what is considered configuration. we can add instances into the instances.csv and create manual links from connntected-to-links.csv. But i need it to ppulate on its own , not manually.

No Events found!