Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2012 09:00

Anyway to Stop Email Extraction

Hi,

We are running Lotus Domino with Email Xtender and as part of the migration of End users to different server we have to create a replica of the users mail files in different server and I was told by the current support team that if we create a new replica copy then all the attachments from the archive will get extracted back to the user mail file in the source and destination mail server. Is that true. Is there anyway can we stop the mails being extracted to the user mail file again while creating a replica copy.

And also if we copy the mail files through OS level instead of creating a replica copy will the attachment shortcuts works or will it through any error message.

Kindly suggest.

600 Posts

June 6th, 2012 15:00

Greetings,

Shortcut extensions on domino servers are capable of differentiating between server type calls and client type calls. If replica is being created by notes client then shortcuts are restored back to the replica. If replica is created using server side calls emails are not restored. Anything done with adminp is already excluded from restoring shortcuts.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajan Katwal

Sent from my iPhone

Please ignore typing mistakes.

No Events found!